Friday, January 25, 2013

Leaving the hospital...

On and off for the last 4 and 1/2 years, I have been working for Medical City Children's Hospital with the Pediatric Oncology kids. It has been one of the most rewarding and heart breaking things I have ever had the privilage of doing. I have cried many tears of sadness and joy over the years. 


It was an incredibly tough decision to leave. As of January, I had commuted from College Station to Dallas once a month for 4 days to work and had done that for a year. The time has come to be a full-time stay-at-home mom again and for that I am ecstatic. I leave for the most positive of reasons. Still, leaving breaks my heart. I love the people I work with. I love the patients I serve. I love all of it.


How grateful I am for the friends I have made and the things I have learned.


How grateful I am for a place that is so hard to say goodbye to.












No comments:

Post a Comment